Friday, March 02, 2012

You Say Goodbye, and I Say Hello

After no new posts for nearly two months, I thought it was time for an update. We are moving to Texas, and we have been very preoccupied with interviewing for a new job, selling our house here in Oklahoma, and the really fun part - picking out a new house in Texas. Processes on both houses are nearly complete, and all then all that will be left is to do is pack up and head out!

If you want to add some excitement to your life, decide to move! In spite of being very happy in Oklahoma, everything about this move indicates that it is the right thing for us, and we are ready to move forward. One particular advantage will be proximity to our son and family. We will be close to the grandkids! During a recent trip to house-hunt, we stayed with them. During our visit the granddaughters decided at 8:00 one night to bake a cake for their mother, who was leaving on a business trip the next day. Of course they wanted Grandma to help!


I learned from one how to easily dip a strawberry by using a corncob holder - brilliant!

Keeping a watchful eye over the cupcakes.

Finished products.

That night was just a foretaste of future fun events!

5 comments:

My Inner Chick said...

I sooo love the photos.

What could be better than baking w/ your grandkids?~ :)

Fabulous.

Let me know how your move goes!! xx

Shelby said...

Granny, I'm so happy everything is falling into place! I think of you OFTEN. I have good news too :) Our house is pending a sale and if all goes right the closing is May 11. I will miss it not being my home but will be happy to no longer be paying mortgage and rent!

Hope everything is going smoothly and I am anxious to hear from you again!

Linda said...

Inner Chick - the move went great!

Shelby, I am thrilled for you - I'll keep my fingers crossed everything goes well for you.

annielizabeth said...

Hi Linda, hope it's going well for you and your family and that you're all settling in nicely. My daughter moved to TX at the end of summer (miss her), she's in Austin. Loves it. Changes in my life, too that I'll blog about soon. Happy Spring!

Linda said...

Thanks Annie! I'll look forward to reading about your changes.