Monday, April 23, 2012

A New Chapter - the katy rose


It's official - we are now residents of Texas! We moved in one month ago today, and among our many experiences -

A tropical downpour...



a visit to the beautiful Heights area in Houston...



new grocery stores!...



and a delicious "zebra" chocolate cake from our realtor...


We love our new town with all it has to offer and our proximity to our son and family; and the church where my husband works has welcomed us with open arms. My catering activities are now reduced to baking for his office staff, so as I partially close the door on For Goodness Sake, another blogging door opens in the form of the katy rose. Come on over to read about new adventures in Texas!

7 comments:

My Inner Chick said...

I shall go and subscribe.

love your photos. congrats on you new adventure <3

the zebra cake looks Oh, so, gooood. xx

Lulu said...

Good luck on your new adventures in Texas, Linda! I look forward to all of your posts in the future =) Cheers!

kyleen said...

Wow that zebra cake looks amazing!

Linda said...

Inner Chick - thanks for your kind thoughts. :)

Lulu - I'll continue to post on my new blog and visit yours.

Kyleen, it was delish! Thanks for visiting.

Linda said...

Oh, no! I've just found you and you're about to "partially close the door" on this blog!!! I'm so disappointed! :(

Linda said...

What a sweet thing to say! You can find me on my new blog - it's pretty much the same old thing. ;)

Jeanne said...

I live in Oregon but my niece lives in Austin and I go visit her often. I just went this past summer. HOT HOT HOT!!!! Too hot for me! But so much to see and do!